Global Health Program Director
The Yale University School of Nursing (www.nursing.yale.edu) invites applications from (and nominations of) highly qualified candidates for the position of Global Health Program Director. Reporting to the Executive Deputy Dean, the GH Director will be a senior YSN faculty member with previous experience in GH nursing, research, and scholarship. The Director will have responsibility for the development and implementation of the GH Program at YSN, including leading research/scholarship in the area of GH, building resources for the Program (through pursuit of funding initiatives and collaboration with the Development Officer at YSN), selecting (in consultation with the Dean and EDD) GH faculty representative, developing a strategic plan for the Program, initiating and maintaining working relationships with other Yale University GH programs, and representing YSN within key international and global health nursing organizations. A significant component of the Director’s work would include representing YSN on GH initiatives within Yale University, including but not limited to the Downs Fellowship Program, MacMillan Center, YaleGlobal, Global Health Advisory Institute, Global Health Leadership Program, Yale China, Yale World Fellows, New Africa Initiative, and the Yale Alumni Service Corps. The GH Program Director will report to EDD, attend Senior YSN Leadership meetings, and provide leadership for the YSN GH Advisory Committee. The GH Program Director will be allotted 60% time for the start-up of the Program, with other allotted time to be determined in teaching and research.
In addition to meeting requirements for ladder rank, the requirements for the position of GH Program Director include:
- Experience with GH teaching, research, and/or clinical practice in international and domestic GH sites
- GH expertise and political savvy
- Commitment to mentorship and actively facilitating the GH work of other faculty and students
- Evidence of past successful leadership role(s)
- Strong Community-engaged research and practice skills
- Membership in GH or International Nursing professional organizations
- Successful track record of funding in the GH arena
- Ability to work with potential funders and foundations for the development of GH initiatives
- Ability to manage budgets
- Strong record of publication and presentation in the GH arena
- Ability to represent YSN at Yale GH programs as well as at external GH programs and organizations
Ladder Track Faculty Position
- Doctorate in nursing or related field
- Expertise in advanced nursing practice and clinical research
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in partnerships between academia and practice
Salary and rank for all positions will be commensurate with previous accomplishments and experience. Yale University School of Nursing is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Men, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and members of underrepresented ethnic and racial groups are encouraged to apply.
Screening of applications will begin November 1, 2014 and will continue until the positions are filled. Interested candidates should apply, online, by submitting a curriculum vita and cover letter describing their qualifications: http://apply.interfolio.com/26877. All application materials and correspondence will be kept confidential.