This position has been filled
POSITION: FULL TIME FACULTY POSITIONS-NURSING
- MEDICAL SURGICAL (ONE OR MORE POSITIONS)
- PRACTICAL NURSING POSITION (EVENING ONE OR MORE POSITIONS)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quinsigamond Community College faculty members will demonstrate a love of learning and teaching to a diverse student population. A student centered focus will drive the faculty’s responsibilities in curriculum, instruction, advisement, as well as, services to the College and the Greater Worcester community. Our faculty will possess the communication and technological skills, academic credentials and the ability to teach, motivate and nurture our adult students. Each and every student’s success will be the result of our faculty’s unwavering dedication to the College’s philosophy of education.
The full-time faculty member reports directly to the Dean of Healthcare
The full-time faculty member exercises supervision over personnel assigned to him/her.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Delivering classroom and clinical instruction
2. Facilitating individualized and non-traditional approaches to learning
3. Conducting program, course and curriculum development and evaluation
4. Providing Academic Advising for students
5. Performing committee assignments
6. Participating in academic unit meetings and projects
7. Engaging in community service activities
8. Actively supporting the teaching and learning process; practicing honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom; strive to create and support a student-centered environment while fostering academic innovation and excellence.
9. Working actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respecting the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
10. Embracing the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
11. Providing flexible, responsive and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assess processes and procedures and revise accordingly.
12. Performing other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s Degree in Nursing
2. Possess a minimum of 2 years full time nursing experience (or equivalent) within the last 5 years
3. Massachusetts RN License
4. Evidence of clinical competence in Medical-Surgical Nursing
5. Experience in teaching adults
1. Recent experience in teaching Nursing in higher education, preferably in a community college
2. Experience in curriculum development
3. Experience in individualized and non-traditional approaches to learning
4. Understanding of community colleges, its students and philosophy
5. Commitment to promotion of diversity and/or global multiculturalism within the curriculum
6. Effective communication and interpersonal skills
7. Technical expertise both in and outside of the classroom
Salary is commensurate with MCCC/MTA salary schedule and dependent upon such factors as education and experience. Minimum starting salary for Master’s level candidate is $41,470. Full salary range is $41,470 to $92,555. Full benefits package.
Visit our Web Site at www.QCC.edu for information about our college. All applicants must apply online no later than April 14, 2012 and submit a cover letter and resume along with a separate written statement of philosophy of education including how that philosophy informs the teaching/learning process in a community college setting. All internal applicants should be aware that their application for this vacancy constitutes permission for review of their personnel file. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI/SORI) request. Bilingual persons are encouraged to apply. Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity affirmative action college supporting diversity.
Quinsigamond Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual preference, genetic information, or disability status in its education programs or in admission to, access to, treatment in or employment in its programs or activities as required by Title VII, Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act, and regulations promulgated thereunder, 34 C.F.R. Part 100 (Title VII), Part 106 (Title IX) and Part 104 (Section 504). All inquiries concerning application of the above should be directed to the College’s Affirmative Action Officer and/or the College’s Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504.