BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant. The College, ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Seventy-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements:BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as be adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and in the use of technology in the classroom. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College’s locations. Ability to instruct online is a plus. Further, applicants must have proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Letter of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications For This Position.
Primarily responsible for instructional preparation and teaching of nursing courses offered at the Practical Nursing Certificate Program in the classroom, clinical, and laboratory settings consistent with the philosophy and conceptual framework of the Nurse Education Department Practical Nursing program and Bunker Hill Community College.
- Medical/Surgical & Maternal Child Health nursing including physical health assessments, critical thinking, pharmacology, therapeutic communications and clinical skills.
- Provide clinical instruction to nursing students.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom and clinical setting.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students’ critical thinking and understanding including learning communities.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of nursing course and assist in developing course standards.
- Use new simulations and computer technologies in the classroom.
- Refer students to the College’s support resources and services, including tutoring as needed.
- Actively participate in on-going professional development.
- Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Comply with the duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Master’s degree in Nursing preferred; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- Current licensure or eligibility as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts
- Two years full-time experience in Nursing or its equivalent within the last five years
- Two years, full time teaching and clinical practice experience with background sufficient to teach theoretical and clinical content in Medical/Surgical & Maternal Child Health nursing for the Practical Nursing Certificate Program
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Effective Date: Immediately.To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By June 27, 2013.
Salary Range:$60,000.00-$64,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Application Instructions: Resume, cover letter and copy of transcripts. (Unofficial is acceptable) SUMBIT APPLICATION MATERIALS IN CONFIDENCE TO: Bhcc.InterviewExchange.com. Click on the position and click on “Apply Now” and follow the instructions. Fax Large Transcript Files to: (617) 228-3328