This position has been filled
Job Summary: The University of Utah, College of Nursing is seeking a qualified Family Nurse Practitioner for a clinical faculty appointment. This position will combine teaching, faculty practice and leadership in the primary care nurse practitioner (PCNP) doctoral program. This position is approximately 80% academic and 20% faculty practice.
Criteria for the position include: graduation from an accredited school of Nursing as a family nurse practitioner, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree, national certification as an APRN, current Utah licensure as APRN with prescriptive authority (or qualifies for). Excellent leadership skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with patients and other members of health care and academic team are essential. Academic teaching experience is required. Primary care experience with emphasis in adult/geriatric populations is desired.
Principle Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Provides didactic education for assigned courses in the PCNP, DNP program.
2. Participates as an active member of the PCNP, DNP program team.
3. Serves as a mentor/preceptor for students in the PCNP program.
4. Instructs and supervises/precepts primary care nurse practitioner students and other health care students as assigned. Ensures a positive learning environment.
5. Provides outpatient primary care in a faculty practice setting.
6. Collaborates with health care team in coordination of care for clients.
7. Participates in scholarship and continuing education activities.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Reports directly to the Chair of the Division of Health Systems and Community Based Care.
2. Reports indirectly to the Director of the Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, DNP program.
3. Yearly evaluation by meeting above requirements, functions and responsibilities and with review of set goals according to RPT clinical criteria.
Interested candidates should apply online at the following link: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/21583
Questions may be directed to Cami Palo, Faculty Affairs and Office of the Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Surrounded by the Wasatch and Oquirrh mountain ranges, Salt Lake provides abundant recreational opportunities. Salt Lake City is a flourishing cultural center including world class opera, dance, theater companies, art galleries and one of the nation’s finest regional symphony orchestras. Ten national parks are within a day’s drive of Salt Lake City.
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds, and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
The University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator. Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Veteran’s preference. Reasonable accommodations provided. For Additional information: http://regulations.utah.edu/human-resources/5-106.php