General Purpose & Scope of Position: Perform all of the essential functions as identified below. Manage all elements of academic programs or disciplines, including enrollment management, program administration, and human resource management ensuring coordination with academic and non-academic departments. Fully supports the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives.
- Instruction: Deliver assigned classes in accordance with College loading policy and course objectives. Develop and maintain course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and other course materials. Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and/or other documentation as required. Maintain a safe, quality classroom/lab, including equipment, supplies, inventory and maintenance.
- Professional Development: Participates in professional development or other activities that may include in-services, courses, or seminars to advance instructional and technical skills as well as knowledge within the field of study.
- Community Service: Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college’s relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/division.
- Institutional Support: Provide institutional support as expected by college administration that may include curriculum development, classroom management, accreditation efforts, committee and task force assignments, attendance at commencement or other activities that are college-wide or specific to the division/department of the faculty member.
- Advising: Provide student advising support as expected by college administration that may include assistance during pre-and regular registration periods and during posted office hours.
- Enrollment Management: Coordinate with Student Affairs and Marketing and Communications activities for student recruitment, advising, registration, graduation and other promotional activities. Develop secondary and post-secondary linkages. Create course schedules conducive to student enrollment. Participate in job placement and alumni activities.
- Program Administration: Coordinate related activities with other academic and non-academic departments. Maintain office hours in accordance with the faculty loading guidelines in the Academic Policies and Procedures Manual (APPM). Coordinate advisory committee development and functions. Review and develop curriculum within statewide guidelines. Oversee classroom, lab, equipment, supplies, inventory, and maintenance. Develop long and short-range plans for program. Follow budgetary guidelines.
- Human Resource Management: In coordination with Human Resources recruit, evaluate, and develop full-time and adjunct faculty. Review and respond to faculty and student issues.
- Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution; is a Registered Nurse licensed in Indiana and has two (2) years of directly related work experience required.