The Crafts position reports to the Director of Facilities. This position performs general maintenance duties/repairs as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs urgent corrective, routine and requisitioned repairs of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems as required.
- Performs maintenance on equipment and systems as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties to all physical structures of hospital. Complies with all hospital building codes, this is to include facility equipment and associated controls.
- Documents accurate data of all inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system.
- Maintains and completes Preventative Maintenance and Daily Work Logs.
- Performs comprehensive daily rounds as assigned, reporting any issues to Director of Facilities.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled and ensure that there is no incidental overtime. Ensures that any overtime is authorized and properly documented.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times according to current HIPAA laws.
- Works day, evening, night and weekend shifts as assigned.
- Ability to work on his own with only minimal supervision.
- Performs manual duties as requested, i.e. moving supplies or furniture, and replacing light bulbs.
- Ensures timely and accurate information at change of shift to fellow associates and facilities supervision as required.
- Demonstrates through knowledge on how to use and maintain tools and equipment.
- Knowledge and observance of safety precautions.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished and written, oral or diagram form.
- Follows all Infection Control precautions when entering patient care areas.
- Basic knowledge of Fire Life Safety systems. Basic knowledge and response to Emergency Clinical interventions and appropriate response to emergencies.
- Completes goals and objectives as assigned for the performance period.
- High school diploma or GED or a combinations of education and work experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience mechanical equipment repair, troubleshooting and mainting building systems.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a hospital setting is highly preferred.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Trade school or on the job training with a recognized service organization to include any of the following: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Boiler, Steam and Central Plan Operations.