This Surgical Inpatient Director position leads and directs services, workflow and resources for the Orthopedic Units, Neurology Unit, Acute Rehab Unit, and 7th floor Surgical and Transplant
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares and monitors budget(s) and ensures that assigned nursing area operates within allocated funds.
- Coordinates and directs internal and externally-driven audits.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Qualification: Five years of experience directly managing staff within a clinical function in a hospital setting.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Preferred Qualification: Master’s Degree Health Administration, Business Administration, Nursing, or another clinical specialty field.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Minimum Qualification: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification obtained within thirty days of hire date to position.
- Minimum Qualification: Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Indiana obtained by hire date to position.