This position has been filled
Clinical Learning Center and Instructional Simulation (F34630)
The Director will have responsibility for leadership in integration of simulation throughout the academic programs of the School and for leading new initiatives to achieve the goal of being a national model for the use of simulation. The Director will expand collaborative efforts throughout the academic health sciences center. The Director will also support the School with teaching responsibilities at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels. This position is for a senior level, non-tenure track or junior-level, tenure-eligible faculty member in the area of clinical learning and simulation development. The position reports to the Associate Dean for Academic Programs. Salary, rank, and tenure eligibility are commensurate with experience and preparation.
· Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia.
· Doctoral degree, research or clinical practice focused.
· At least one graduate degree in Nursing.
· Demonstrated effectiveness as a clinical educator, including development and use of clinical simulation.
· Evidence of leadership in implementing innovation and technology.
· Ability to plan, implement and evaluate complex systems and tasks.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to work cooperatively with others.
· Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
· Tenure eligible candidates should have research interests in simulation that complement and expand existing expertise in the School.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an urban, high research institution with a diverse university community. The VCU School of Nursing was established in 1893 and offers Doctoral, Master’s and Baccalaureate degree programs. The School is ranked nationally in NIH funding and houses a NINR sponsored Center of Excellence, establishing a mature environment of sustainable biobehavioral research in symptom management that is clinically focused and interdisciplinary in nature. The Clinical Learning Center (CLC) at the VCU School of Nursing expanded in 2006 to approximately 9,000 square feet of learning space and advanced equipment including the state of the art Meti Man HPS. Center resources include two full-time support staff as well as a part-time Assistant Director to manage day-to-day operations. Recognized in 2010 as a Laerdal Center for Education Excellence, it has become one of the most advanced and comprehensive clinical simulation centers on the East Coast.
To apply for this position, please forward a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three professional references to Norrell Meeks, Human Resources Administrator, VCU School of Nursing, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567, email@example.com. Detailed information about this position and all of our current openings can be found at http://www.pubinfo.vcu.edu/facjobs/searchunit.asp?Item=Nursing.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.