A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We’re committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
This new role is to be the main point of contact in providing case management support to Dermatology patients and HCPs. The Field nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering resources and information to support the patient and physician experience with Novartis Patient Services, thereby helping to limit barriers that may hinder appropriate patient outcomes.
This position does not involve the practice of nursing. The role is to be the primary face of the patient services program with the patients and HCPs and is responsible for overall customer satisfaction.
The Field Nurse Educator will:
• Act in accordance with all Company policies and guidelines.
• Interact with patients via multiple channels (e.g., phone, in-person) to educate, motivate, and empower them.
• Provide adherence support to their assigned patients.
• Be the Primary HCP interface for the patient services program including live office visits, office staff education, problem resolution, as well as interface other Novartis support functions including the Business Relations Manager and other hub support functions.
• Act in a manner that is consistent with and compliant with all Company policies.
• Handle outbound and inbound calls to/from existing patients, office staff prescribers, new patients and the hub.
• Deliver patient program information and conducts live/virtual visits with patients, coordinate injection training nurses.
• Lead the patient services pod, aligning patient services with field sales resources as well as third party vendors.
In addition, the Field Nurse Educator will provide patient services including:
• Overall patient case management; coordination and management of patients, from SRF intake to triage of prescriptions
• Provide adherence support for ongoing patients; Coordination of patient programs
- • Provide approved in-service programs
• Coordinate with BRMs/Hubs to provide reimbursement support
• Call on key dermatology offices, as the lead Patient Services liaison to provide program awareness and education;
• Coordinate injection training for contracted nurse staff
• Act as a readily available resource to answer any questions on the administration of the products
• Provide feedback on patient’s status and progress within the HUB process and in a manner that is consistent with all Company policies.
Finally, the Field Nurse Educator will provide Business Solution Support including:
• Fielding support questions asked related to Novartis products and Novartis support services from health care providers
• Serving as an integral participant of Account Team Meeting process
• Controlling travel and business expenses and providing timely reports about activities to management
• Bachelor’s degree
• Nursing Degree (RN, NP)
• Licensure in state in which he/she resides
• Fluent in English (oral and written)
• 2+ years Sales and/or 2+ years Nurse Educator experience (Required)
• 3+ years of experience with Complex Specialty products required (such as Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Crohns, MS, Orphan Diseases, Biologics, Medical Devices, Oncology, Transplant, Infusion)
• Experience with explaining difficult business concepts, practice management skills and processes to patients, HCPs and office staff
• Empathy, drive, positive competitive spirit, and commitment to great service
• Strong compliance mindset, demonstrating a high level of integrity and ethical judgment
• Satisfaction from having a visible impact on the business
• Outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Understanding of patient privacy laws including HIPAA and similar state laws.
• Must be able to travel (50%+) and possess valid driver’s license
• Understanding of product and payor reimbursement landscape and prior authorization guidelines and processes
• Basic understanding of specialty pharmacy providers preferred
• Ability to establish relationships, identify trends, and provide education
• Manage multiple strategic initiatives simultaneously and reprioritize where necessary
• Collaborate effectively with team members and exhibit leadership
• Possess project, time, and organizational management skills
• A self-starter and solution oriented problem solver to ensure customer satisfaction of the patient
• Excellent computer skills
• Proven track record of success as a field-based Nurse Educator
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.