This position has been filled
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing invites applications and nominations for the position of Department Chair, Family and Community Health Nursing (F31340). Department faculty clinical specialty foci include family, community health, child health and women’s health. This is a full-time, tenure-eligible faculty position at the rank of Professor. Salary is commensurate with experience and preparation.
The candidate must have demonstrated administrative or leadership experience with a community of scholars. The ideal candidate will possess a strong track record of funded research in biobehavioral nursing science and willingness and ability to provide visionary leadership and mentorship of faculty colleagues and students. The candidate should have experience in conducting significant research programs and interests that complement and expand existing expertise in the School of Nursing. Research areas of particular interest include biobehavioral clinical research, symptom management, and critical care, oncology, or health promotion across the life span.
• Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field, with at least one graduate degree in nursing consistent with the department specialty foci
• Currently licensed or eligible for licensure to practice nursing in Virginia
• Sustained history of externally funded research including, but not limited to, NIH funding
• A record of publication in top tiered journals in nursing and related disciplines
• Teaching and administrative experience in baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs
• Demonstrated leadership abilities including skill in collaboration with a community of scholars
• Outstanding mentoring and collaboration skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• Nurse practitioner licensure
• Qualifications and experience to meet institutional criteria for appointment at the rank of Professor
Virginia Commonwealth University is an urban, high research institution with a diverse university community. The VCU School of Nursing was established in 1893 and offers Doctoral, Master’s and Baccalaureate degree programs. The School is ranked nationally in NIH funding and houses a NINR sponsored Center of Excellence, establishing a mature environment of sustainable biobehavioral research in symptom management that is clinically focused and interdisciplinary in nature. For more information about our school and what a career with a national leader can offer please visit our website at www.nursing.vcu.edu.
Please forward a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three professional references to Norrell Meeks, Human Resources Administrator, VCU School of Nursing, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567, firstname.lastname@example.org. Detailed information about this position and all of our current openings can be found at http://www.pubinfo.vcu.edu/facjobs/searchunit.asp?Item=Nursing.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.