CLFN0346 – COORDINATOR, NURSING LAB PART-TIME
Broward College is a nationally ranked institution of higher education in Broward County, Florida, providing residents and non-residents with access to high-quality, affordable education. The College offers several degree options, including certificate programs, two-year university-transfer degrees, two-year career degrees, baccalaureate degrees in selected programs and continuing education courses.
The first and largest non-profit institution of higher education in Broward County, our campuses and centers serve more than 66,000 students annually. Our diverse student body represents 150 countries of origin and we are proud to consistently be one of the country’s top producers of associate degrees to minorities.
As an equal access and employment opportunity institution we are committed to a tradition of increasing and retaining an intellectually, culturally, and ethnically diverse student body and workforce in an effort to increase the success of our students, faculty, and staff while strengthening our local and global communities.
The Nursing Lab Coordinator is responsible for keeping the Nursing Lab and the equipment in good working condition so that the students have the most optimum learning environment. The Coordinator also coordinates and maintains the day – to – day operation of the Nursing Lab for use by all Full Time, Part Time and Nursing Students, and performs related work as needed.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required. Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred and current Florida RN License without restrictions required, with supplement of four years experience in nursing required: or an equivalent combination and experience.
Minimum Experience/Training: Typically over six years of relevant experience.
Minimum certifications: Must have a current Florida RN License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• In-depth functional knowledge and expertise in area of specialization and general knowledge of related areas in the College
• Ability to perform complex administrative analysis with only general supervision
• Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent coordination and communication skills used appropriately influence the decision-making of individuals and groups at all levels in the College
• Ability to plan and manage own work flow, priorities and results accomplishment
• Requires the ability to present and disseminate data to various levels
• Requires advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e. Microsoft Office Products and specialized computer systems
• Ability to interact and effectively communicate with a diverse employee and student population
Close date: 07/15/2013
How to Apply for Broward College Positions:
Apply on-line through https://jobs.broward.edu.
A complete online employment application form is required with the following requested documents.
• Upon selection, official transcripts will be required.
• Employment is contingent upon successfully passing the required background checks.
• All positions are contingent upon budget approval by the Board of Trustees.
Call (800) 682-3646 or (954) 201-7338 for more information
Broward College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and person with disabilities.