Framingham State University, located just 20 miles west of Boston, is a vibrant comprehensive liberal arts institution offering 26 undergraduate degree programs in arts, humanities, sciences, social sciences, and professional fields. Nearly 6,000 students attend Framingham State, including nearly 2,000 graduate students. Framingham State University offers graduate degrees in 25 fields, including an extensive graduate program for teachers in international schools. The University takes pride in its 30,000 alumni, most of whom live and work in Massachusetts. The University is just the right size – small enough for learning to be personal and collaborative, yet large and diverse enough to broaden students’ understanding of their world. This broadening of perspectives and appreciation of diversity is one of the hallmarks of a first-rate undergraduate education.
Under general supervision of the Chairperson or Coordinator of MSN Program collaborates in the management of the Clinical Simulation and Resource Lab (CSRL). The hours are flexible and require some evenings and Saturdays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with the Chairperson/Coordinator to identify goals and evaluate student outcomes for the Clinical Simulation and Resource Lab.
- Develops and implements lab modules and simulation experiences in conjunction with the diverse learning styles of students.
- Designs various educational materials to optimize student learning.
- Collaborates with faculty to obtain educational resources for the CSRL i.e. software, DVD’s, laboratory equipment, and supplies.
- Collaborates with faculty and students to evaluate simulation and resource services.
- Maintains an organized environment in the CSRL.
- Evaluates own learning needs and seeks educational opportunities to maintain competency.
- Assists Coordinator in setting up preceptorship experiences for MSN students.
- Works with MSN faculty to incorporate simulation experiences into each course to meet course learning outcomes.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Knowledge of educational technology with emphasis on nursing education
- Three to five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current RN licensure in Massachusetts.
- Currently hold or planning to sit for certification exam for Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) and Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
- Self-starter, able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Team player, collaborates with faculty, students, and staff
- Effective communicator, in verbal and written word
This is a part-time (18 hours/week for 38 weeks), non-benefited contract position. The hourly rate is $50.00.
Framingham State University conducts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) checks relative to prior criminal convictions and pending cases, as well as Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) checks relative to prior sexual offenses committed as an adult or juvenile on final candidates prior to an offer of employment for all positions. Framingham State University requires specific written authorization to conduct background checks. Failure to provide such authorization shall preclude your application from receiving further consideration.
Framingham State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Members of underrepresented groups and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Paper applications will not be accepted. If you need assistance applying online, please call 508-626-4530.
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530.