This position has been filled
Portland, OR; Salem, OR; Lewiston, ID; or Salt Lake City, UT
Bring your training and leadership skills to this role where you will:
- Oversee and coordinate training and staff development for the Health Care Services team, including Care Management, Utilization Review, Behavioral Health, Payment/Clinical Review, Business Support Services, and others.
- Instruct and motivate individuals at various skill levels over the phone, in person, electronically, and in the classroom environment
- Participate in the departmental strategic plan development and promote achievement of department goals consistent with corporate objectives
- Assure that staff are well trained to ensure members receive medically necessary, cost-effective, quality care that is delivered according to program specifications
Key qualifications and experience:
- A bachelors (or higher) degree in a health-related field and current licensure as a health care professional; and Certification as a case manager; or equivalent experience; or an Active, unrestricted RN License or professional certification in a clinical specialty and at least three years clinical practice experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in creating and administering training within the health care field to adult learners, including group facilitation, instructional design and/or distance learning.
- Strong knowledge of teaching methods and approaches
- Demonstrated success developing and delivering training via multiple mechanisms including on-line training, in person training, web based training, training modules/manuals.
- Commitment to a culture of learning and continued growth.
- Ability to instruct, motivate and instruct individuals at various skill levels over the phone, in person, electronically, and in the classroom environment.
- Intricate knowledge of PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, and HTML web-based applications or similar applications. Experience with Spark and Learning Management Systems (LMS) desirable.
- Extensive and varied background in a health related field with knowledge of current medical standards of practice, case management, and utilization management standards of practice.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
In addition, candidates must be able to:
- Work independently, yet function effectively as a team member
- Remain assertive and calm in difficult situations
- Organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks while remaining flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Exercise good judgment, discretion, and initiative in a highly sensitive, confidential working environment
- Clinical experience strongly preferred
- Ability to present a positive and professional image.