This position has been filled
In the Pacific Northwest, one of the most spectacular parts of the U.S, surrounded by natural beauty, sitting in the shadow of snow-capped Mt Hood, nestled against the majestic Columbia River Gorge and a short drive from the Pacific Ocean, Portland and Vancouver are sophisticated cities offering diverse cultural activities and communities that appeal to a wide variety of needs and tastes.
Legacy Health is a regional six-hospital health system, including a new state-of-the-art children’s hospital, offering a full range of primary and tertiary care services for both adults and children at sites throughout the Portland metropolitan and southwest Washington areas.
We provide an integrated network of healthcare services, including acute and critical care, inpatient and outpatient treatment, a regional medical laboratory service, a research facility, community health education and other components of a complete health system. Legacy Health is known for its commitment to quality patient and family-centered care, and its team-oriented work environment.
We have two exciting opportunities for Clinical Nurse Specialists to join our Clinical Practice Support department, one to support Medical Surgical areas system wide and the other will provide direct support to the Medical Surgical ICU at Legacy Good Samaritan and the Cardiovascular ICU at Legacy Emanuel.
Reporting to the System Director of Clinical Education & Professional Practice, these positions will promote professional development and the advancement of nursing practice, and facilitate the provision of quality, evidence-based care. The CNS demonstrates a firm clinical knowledge base in specialty practice and systems theory conducts and facilitates patient care consultation and provides resources to assess the impact and appropriateness of practice on patient outcomes.
In addition to exceptional leadership and communication skills, the ideal candidate will:
- Have graduated from a master’s or doctoral degree CNS program
- Have a current Oregon CNS licensure or eligibility and current Oregon RN licensure
- Have a minimum of two years clinical experience in ICU, with a cardiac/cardiac surgical focus with experience in impacting quality outcomes and clinical practice for the ICU CNS position
- Have recent CNS clinical experience in an acute care medical or surgical setting for the Medical Surgical CNS position
- Have previous experience with creation and implementation of a training plan for clinical professionals preferred
- Have good organizational and project management skills, knowledge and ability to apply adult learning principles, critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Public speaking experience and/or teaching experience strongly preferred
These positions are critical to fill: $2500 hire on bonus and relocation assistance available.
We strive to be a diverse, culturally competent organization. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and inclusion to apply.
As a nationally known and respected health care provider, Legacy Health offers an outstanding work environment, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Learn more about these opportunities and apply on our website for positions #13-8427 and #13-8425 at www.legacyhealth.org/jobs. AA/EOE