General Purpose: Ensures excellence in the execution of clinical trials conducted by the Yale Cancer Center (YCC) by directing the design, plan, delivery and evaluation of clinical trial related training activities. This primarily includes, but is not limited to, Clinical Research Nurses, Research Coordinators and Assistants, non-clinical research staff and clinical personnel located at the research site.
- Ability to build, review and approve accurate and complete order sets to ensure compliance with individual research protocols and ensure timely activation of research trials.
- Proven ability to develop and participate in the delivery of training for new protocols, including; the creation of training materials, protocol-specific work sheets, nursing in-service presentations and others as required by specific protocols.
- Ability to assess protocols for feasibility and determine complexity, identify risks, logistics and challenges associated with operationalizing and implementing specific trials at Smilow Cancer Hospital and its Care Centers.
- Proven ability to manage several projects concurrently while balancing competing priorities and deadlines. Direct the prioritization as it relates to the building and approval of drug order sets and lab order templates. Direct the prioritization and approve OnCore study calendars.
- Strong understanding of major cancer types including disease-related symptom management, standard treatment options and treatment-related side effect management.
- Required Licenses or Certifications: Licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut or Connecticut license eligible.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs – the STARS req ID for this position is 26650BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.