Job Summary: The University of Utah, College of Nursing is seeking a qualified Nurse Practitioner for a clinical track faculty appointment. This position is approximately 75% teaching with the possibility of 25% faculty practice appointment.
Criteria for the position include: graduation from an accredited school of Nursing as a nurse practitioner, national certification as an APRN, current Utah licensure as APRN with prescriptive authority (or qualifies for) required. Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree preferred. Excellent leadership skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with patients and other members of health care and academic team are essential. Academic teaching experience is preferred.
Principle Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides didactic education for assigned courses in the graduate program.
- Participates as an active member of the graduate program team.
- May serve as a mentor/preceptor for students in the DNP program.
- Instructs nurse practitioner students and other health care students as assigned. Ensures a positive learning environment.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other nursing faculty members in assigned courses.
- May participate in research and continuing education activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to the Chair of the Division of Health Systems and Community Based Care.
- Reports indirectly to the Associate Dean of Academic Programs and the Executive Director of MS/DNP Programs.
- Yearly evaluation by meeting above requirements, functions and responsibilities and with review of set goals according to RPT clinical criteria.
Surrounded by the Wasatch and Oquirrh mountain ranges, Salt Lake provides abundant recreational opportunities. Salt Lake City is a flourishing cultural center including world class opera, dance, theater companies, art galleries and one of the nation’s finest regional symphony orchestras. Ten national parks are within a day’s drive of Salt Lake City.
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds, and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
The University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator. Minorities, women, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Veteran’s preference. Reasonable accommodations provided. For Additional information: http://regulations.utah.edu/human-resources/5-106.php