Missouri State University
Nursing FNP Faculty Position for spring 2014
Missouri State University invites applications for one full-time faculty position in the Department of Nursing for January 6, 2014. Our growing and vibrant Department offers the following community-based programs: 4-yearBSN, RN to BSN (online), a Master of Science in Nursing –Nurse Educator (online); and a new DNP with a focus on community leadership and health disparities (BSN to DNP as Family Nurse Practitioner and Post-Masters DNP- online). All programs, except the DNP are CCNE accredited. The motivated, energetic faculty have developed multidisciplinary and global health collaborations, a nursing center that delivers health care to the homeless and uninsured, and a simulation laboratory, and have received numerous awards for teaching, research, and service. The Nursing Department is home to 16 faculty, 600 pre-nursing students, over 250 nursing undergraduates, and 50 graduate students.
Missouri State University is a public selective admissions university with 23,000 students and a statewide mission in public affairs. Located on a plateau overlooking the breath-taking Ozark mountains, Springfield is home to numerous recreational opportunities, including, fishing, canoeing, camping and biking. Springfield is home to semi-pro baseball, tennis, and hockey teams, and offers a range of performing arts opportunities, including a local symphony, ballet, choral groups and creative arts festivals. Known for its friendly Midwestern residents, Springfield is the center of excellent health care for the region and is recognized for its low cost of living and clean environment.
Clinical Assistant Professor:
One position for full-time, 9-month faculty member to teach in the graduate programs. Primary Duties include teaching, service, and management of clinical experiences for the FNP students. Summer employment will be required.
Required qualifications are:
- Masters degree in nursing from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited program.
- Current license, without restriction, to practice nursing, or eligibility for RN licensure in Missouri.
- Current certification as a family nurse practitioner and recognition by Missouri as an advanced practice nurse currently or prior to hire.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible and willing to work collaboratively to attain department, college, and university goals.
- Record of scholarly activity.
- Experience with healthcare education.
- Experience with healthcare and health systems leadership, innovation, quality assurance, and healthcare project management.
- Experience with online education, or interest in online education, with excellent technology skills.
- Experience with healthcare of vulnerable and diverse populations.
- Strong foundation of current evidence-based clinical practice skills in family and adult primary care.
- At least 5 years of experience as an NP and 5 years in healthcare leadership.
Rank and salary is commensurate with experience and education. Applicants should apply online at http://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/10339. Applicants will submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and contact information for four professional references who can speak to the qualifications of the position. Employment will require a criminal background check and drug screen without disqualifications. For additional information, contact Dr. Kathryn Hope, Head of the Department of Nursing, at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or PH; (417)-836-5310; toll free 877-728-0001. Official transcripts will be requested at a later date. Review of applications will begin October 25, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. The university is committed to building a culturally diverse educational environment; the ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required. AA/EEO