Seeking a seasoned Clinic Nurse Manager to join the Santa Rosa Community Health Centers team! We are an innovative multi-site agency in Sonoma County, providing high quality, compassionate medical care and health education in a supportive and culturally appropriate environment. Learn more about us at www.srhealthcenters.org.
It’s an extraordinary time to join this organization and have the opportunity to influence the direction of health care in Sonoma County!
FUNCTION: The Clinic Nurse Manager is responsible for overseeing, developing and continuously evaluating the nursing department, overseeing in-house lab functions and ensuring that the health center is in compliance with infection control practices and standards. The Clinic Nurse Manager will also be required to provide direct and indirect patient care.
SPECIFIC TASKS/DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Provide leadership for the department including direction, training, performance management and development of all assigned staff. Must be familiar with the Collective Bargaining Agreement in the supervision of any union-represented staff. Responsible for timely, accurate submission of timekeeping processes to payroll.
- Responsible for supervising the quality and efficiency of RN/LVN’s clinical care.
- Manage nursing activities by scheduling work assignments and setting priorities.
- Identify staff development and training needs and ensure that training is obtained.
- Orient and train new nurses.
- Work collaboratively with Director of Nursing to ensure that health center meets infection control standards, provide staff training and communication regarding standards.
- Serve as safety officer for Vista Family Health Center. Chair safety committee, organize drill and create safety protocols.
- Work closely with health center leadership to identify deficits in quality of care and plan quality improvement projects.
- Assist with meeting the needs of complex patients, including assessment, education, referrals, and follow-up care. This may involve face-to-face, phone meetings, and review of electronic messaging and media.
- Provide nursing care including, but not limited to, administering medications and treatments in compliance with a medical provider’s orders, Santa Rosa Community Health Centers Policies, and State of California guidelines.
- Document all nursing activities in electronic medical record.
- Current California RN license
- Current CPR certification
- 2 year of experience with direct patient care
- 1 year supervisory experience required; 2 years preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.srhealthcenters.org and click on Careers, Work at SRCHC.