California State University , Monterey Bay
* Teach upper level didactic and/or clinical nursing courses as appropriate
* Support and mentor nursing students within their program of study, as well as adjunct nursing faculty
* Active participation in and contribution to curriculum development, course and program assessment and evaluation, program planning and expansion of program
* Progress in the Retention Tenure and Promotion process within the CSUMB RTP policies
* Engage in sustainable community development and community service within a collaborative team
* PhD, EdD or DNP by the time of appointment from an accredited doctoral program
* Registered Nurse license or license-eligible in California
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-teaching, collegial setting
* Demonstrated capacity to recruit, retain and sustain community, public health and clinical partners
* Ability to teach effectively in a wide range of didactic courses and clinical courses
* Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with university’s vision and mission of academic success of all our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions
* Demonstrated active program of research and successful record in obtaining external funding through grants and contracts
* Experience with assessment, evaluation, and outcome data analysis
* Ability to integrate clinical knowledge with a social determinants of health framework in population and community health
* Expertise teaching computer-assisted courses, hybrid and/or on-line courses
* Expertise or experience in teaching undergraduate nursing students
* Experience in advanced curriculum and/or program development
* Demonstrated leadership skills in professional and/or academic areas
* Certification and prior practice as an NP, CNS, CNL, or APHN
* Fluency in Spanish desirable, but not required
* Current CV (including current email address)
* Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
* A statement about your professional education and research experience
* Finalists will also be required to submit three current letters of recommendation, evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. course evaluations) and official transcripts of degrees
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html) as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position within the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
JOB POSTING DATE: January 11, 2017
PRIORITY SCREENING BEGINS: February 28, 2017
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 17, 2017
APPLY: A completed online application, including attachments must be received by University Personnel by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screening date listed above to be guaranteed a review. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. CSUMB will not fax application materials.
For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389, or TDD at (800) 735-2929. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library (https://csumb.edu/library) (map)(https://csumb.edu/about/map-directions) or our Student Services Building (https://csumb.edu/csc) – first floor (map) (https://csumb.edu/about/map-directions). Please check the links provided for the respective hours and the location of each site.
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/byg6b8jq66