NurseLine: 24/7 Inbound Telephone Triage
Staff is scheduled 24 hours/7days weekly with rotation of major holidays off.
Variable shifts are available for weekends and weekdays.
This position requires on-line pre-employment skills assessments. The assessments are free of charge and can be taken from any PC with Internet access. Candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted via email with instructions. In order to move forward in the process, you must complete the assessments within 48 hours of receipt and meet the criteria.
At WellPoint, emphasizing the importance of health and wellness among our members means healthy living as well for our employees. That’s why we seek RN professionals who embody our commitment to living well, who share a passion to influence others and advocate healthy living. The encouragement our nurse health coaches provide to our members positively impacts healthy life choices and provides a sense of well-being that is immeasurable.
As we expand our RN opportunities for our call center’s Care Management and Health and Wellness Coaching Programs, we look for individuals who share in our beliefs. These open positions are a unique chance to work a full-time schedule with competitive pay differential – so, if you are enthusiastic about helping others live healthier lives, a rewarding career opportunity, and free time with family/friends with time to explore your interests outside of work -this unique opportunity is just for you. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, there is the opportunity to work-at-home.
As an RN in our NurseLine program, you’ll be focused on:
· Professional assessment of caller’s needs with accurate, concise documentation. · Assess caller’s situation using established criteria and protocol
· Provide callers with appropriate medical information
Here are just a few ways in which your clinical knowledge and expertise will be utilized:
· Use established software, on-line resources, written materials and nursing background to provide callers w/ appropriate medical information
· Performing behavioral or clinical assessments to identify health needs
· Provide caller with appropriate resources as necessary
Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable states.
· 2-3 years of acute clinical experience required. Med/surg, ER, ICU or Telemetry areas are preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and motivational skills
· Strong computer skills
· Ability to be licensed in multiple states in a timely fashion
· Professional certifications, knowledge of care management assessment techniques, and provider and community resource knowledge are a plus
· Telephone triage experience is strongly preferred.
· BSN a plus
. Must be bilingual and proficient in both Spanish and English.