This nine-month, tenure-track faculty position will develop and teach upper-level undergraduate and graduate courses and contribute broadly to our well-established and thriving BSN, RN-BSN, MSN, PhD, and DNP programs. The candidate will develop and maintain a program of research and service in nursing leadership, ethics, policy or improving health outcomes.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Earned doctorate in Nursing or closely related field.
2. Eligible for rank of Associate Professor.
3. Candidates must hold an unencumbered license to practice nursing in the state of Mississippi (and other states, if applicable, meet immunization requirements of affiliated clinical agencies, and satisfy a criminal history background check.
4. A minimum of one year of teaching experience at the baccalaureate level or higher and two years of clinical nursing experience.
5. Candidates must have, or have the potential for, a solid program of scholarship appropriate to their experience and rank.
Location: The position is based in Hattiesburg, MS, with some teaching on the Gulf Coast.
Starting Date: August 2015
Application Procedure: To ensure full consideration, complete application materials should be submitted to the Southern Miss website at https://jobs.usm.edu (job posting # 0003223). Questions should be directed to Liz Edwards, Elizabeth.Edwards@usm.edu.