Position Type Full Time Regular
Contract Length 12 months
Expected Work Schedule Standard
Anticipated Days Monday – Friday
Anticipated Hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; occasional overtime
Anticipated Hours per Week 40
Summary The Associate Chair has responsibility for coordinating curriculum and clinical courses for associate degree nursing and diploma level practical nursing programs, assisting the Chairperson in the daily operation and management of the nursing department, and teaching in the department.
Coordinate curriculum and clinical courses:
• Communicate objectives and assignments to education department and clinical unit managers and clinical faculty and/ or preceptors.
• Review syllabi to assure format and content follows Institute of Medicine recommendations.
• Review course exams for adherence to NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN test plan format.
• Assist faculty with item development and peer review of instructional testing items.
• Assist in management of nursing department.
• Assist in development of class schedules and faculty assignments.
• Assist in the development of college reports.
• Assist with hiring, orientation, supervision, and evaluation of faculty, including annual performance evaluation (PEP) of full time faculty, semester course evaluation of clinical faculty, and identification of professional development activities.
• Assist with planning and budgeting.
• Participate in the development and evaluation of student learning outcomes.
• Participate in local advisory committee planning for western North Carolina RIBN
(Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nursing) program, associate degree and practical nursing programs.
• Address student and/or faculty complaints and resolve problems.
1. Master’s degree in Nursing.
2. Hold unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
3. Two years full-time work experience as registered nurse.
4. One year experience in nursing management.
1. Teaching experience at the college level.
2. Recent experience in medical surgical nursing in an acute-care setting.
3. Ability to use applicable software applications for generating reports and documents.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicant will need to prepare a ten minute teaching component.
The salary range of $63,132.-$64,920. includes an additional monthly stipend of $417.00 per month that has been approved for fiscal year 2012-2013.
Posting Detail Information
Review Date 04/12/2012
Start Date 05/15/2012
Salary Range $63,132. – $64,920. (See Special Instructions to Applicants)