Position Available: Assistant/Associate Professor
Department: School of Nursing
Special Information Must be willing to travel to distant sites
NAU Nursing has 3 positions which are 9-month academic year, tenure track positions located on the Flagstaff campus in the School of Nursing.
Positions begins 8/19/2013
Faculty member will be responsible for teaching theory and clinical courses in the undergraduate and or graduate nursing program. Areas of specialty include Family Nurse Practitioner and Medical/Surgical Nursing (Adult Health) using traditional and distance technology. In addition to teaching, the faculty is expected to demonstrate a focused program of research and scholarship and serve on departmental committees.
- Doctorate degree in nursing or related field
- Minimum of three years clinical experience
- Eligible for RN license in Arizona
- All of the above, and
- Minimum of five years of university level teaching
- A record that shows a sustained pattern of scholarship
- Prior experience teaching in baccalaureate education
- National Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Experience with rural health care
- Experience teaching using distance learning technology
- Experience working with people of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Show promise of scholarly activity or creative endeavors related to the nursing discipline
- All of the above, and
- Prior experience teaching in graduate education
- A record of external research funding
- The nursing programs at Northern Arizona University have achieved statewide recognition through a unique educational focus on rural health care, partnerships with rural community college nursing programs, and leadership using distance technologies, geared at increasing access to nursing education at both the graduate and undergraduate levels for students in rural communities. Currently, the School of Nursing has distinct options for students seeking baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral (DNP) degrees in nursing. Options include a traditional pre-licensure four (4) year option, a twelve month accelerated BSN option and an RN to BSN option. Within the traditional pre-licensure option, is a distant site on the Navajo Nation in St. Michaels, Arizona. Other NAU undergraduate nursing program sites are in Tucson and Yuma. There is also a Master of Science with a nursing major that has a nurse practitioner track and nurse generalist track. The DNP is for advanced practice nurses.
- Northern Arizona University has a student population of about 25,000 at its main campus in Flagstaff and at over 30 sites across the state.
- Committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment, NAU has earned a solid reputation as a university with all the features of a large institution but with a personal touch. NAU carefully balances teaching, scholarship and service with a faculty and staff dedicated to each student’s success. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes.
- While our emphasis is undergraduate education, we offer a wide range of graduate programs and research that extend to such national concerns as forest health and bioterrorism. Our institution has carefully integrated on-campus education with distance learning, forming seamless avenues for students to earn degrees.
- Flagstaff has a population of about 65,000, rich in cultural diversity. Located at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks, Flagstaff is 140 miles north of Phoenix at the intersection of Interstate 17 and Interstate 40.
- With its elevation of 7,000 feet and four-season climate, Flagstaff is ideal for year-round outdoor activities. Nearby attractions include the Grand Canyon, Lowell Observatory, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, Monument Valley, Sunset Crater, meteor Crater, and Arizona Snowbowl.
- Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification prior to employment. You will also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees’ right to work in the United States.
Salary $67,000-$75,941 depending on experience and qualifications
This position will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on 9/30/2012
Send electronic letter of interest, CV with employment phone numbers and contacts, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, names and contact information from 3 professional references to Dr. Debera Thomas, Debera.email@example.com or mail to PO Box 15035, Flagstaff, AZ 86011.
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples. Form A-1 Revised 2/05