School of Nursing
Lecturer/Assistant Professor of Nursing
Do you love nursing? Do you love teaching? If so, then Nevada State College School of Nursing is looking for you! Nevada State College is a young, rapidly growing four-year college located in Henderson, Nevada. As a part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area, the city is not only an international tourist destination, but offers unlimited nursing opportunities in a diverse cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic population. The School of Nursing offers four tracks for a BSN: traditional full-time track, part-time track, 12-month accelerated track and a RN to BSN track.
Nevada State College School of Nursing has five full-time, tenure track (Assistant Professor) or Lecturer position openings for beginning Spring 2014 or Fall 2014.
Individuals with medical-surgical nursing, pediatric nursing, community health nursing, maternity nursing, nursing leadership/administration experience or RN to BSN online teaching experience are encouraged to apply.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Doctorate in Nursing (DNP or PhD) or related field (EdD) for tenure track positions
- MSN for lecturer positions
- Registered Nurse or eligible for licensure in Nevada
- Demonstrated current competence in area of specialty
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Recent teaching, clinical experience, and online teaching are desirable
- Evidence of a strong commitment to teaching, mentoring and working with undergraduate students
Positions are open until filled
To apply, please visit: http://www.nscjobs.com:80/postings/1375
Nevada State College School of Nursing is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving success in higher education for first-generation and under-represented students.