This position has been filled
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) or
Department of Nursing
- Classroom teaching and clinical supervision of students, primarily within medical-surgical settings
- Ongoing scholarly activity
- Participation in committee work, public service, and professional organizations
- Doctorate in Nursing or related field and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required for Tenure Track position. MSN with ongoing progress toward or written commitment to begin a doctorate in nursing or related field required for Regular Non-Tenure Track position. (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Current active Missouri RN license or eligibility for Missouri licensure
- Recent teaching experience in collegiate nursing education
- Minimum three years recent clinical experience in medical/surgical area
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to working with multi-cultural populations and awareness of issues affecting women and minorities
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic academicians able to develop and maintain academic quality verified by measured student learning. Southeast seeks candidates who will embrace and promote innovative methods of course delivery, appropriate applications of technology, and progressive pedagogical methods.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience. The University provides an excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, sick leave, holidays, individual and dependent tuition benefits.
Application Deadline: The position is available fall, 2013. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by March 31, 2013.
Required Information: To apply submit the following items via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Melissia Coffee, Employment Specialist, Human Resources, Southeast Missouri State University, One University Plaza, MS3150, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701:
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements and how you learned of this position
- Current curriculum vita or resume’
- Copy of current nursing license and applicable certification
- Copies of transcripts (may send unofficial copies, but official transcripts required for employment)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Departmental Information: The Department of Nursing includes 20 faculty members serving over 300 undergraduate and graduate students. Both the BSN and MSN programs are CCNE accredited. The department website may be accessed at http://www.semo.edu/nursing/
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 11,500 students, and a faculty and staff of over 1,100. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER