SCHOOL OF NURSING
FULL TIME ASSISTANT PROFESSOR TENURE TRACK
THE UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON-VICTORIA,
SUGAR LAND and KATY CAMPUSES
Innovative Nursing Excellence…Meeting Dreams in Your Community
The University of Houston-Victoria School of Nursing seeks a qualified applicant with medical-surgical background, on-line teaching experience, and an established research focus, for a full-time Tenure Track position beginning August 2014.
Faculty responsibilities include: ongoing curriculum development and evaluation; classroom and clinical instruction using on-site, simulation, on-line, and distance education strategies; some travel; participation in school and university committees; engaging in research, scholarship, service and academic advising.
- Doctorate in nursing or related field.
- Established research focus preferred.
- Master’s degree in nursing from a professionally accredited school of nursing. Educator track preferred.
- Medical-surgical nursing experience.
- Candidate must possess or be eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Texas.
- Excellent clinical and communication skills.
- Undergraduate teaching experience including on-line teaching.
- Intra-professional education experience preferred.
The School of Nursing is proud of its excellent Second Degree BSN, RN-BSN and MSN academic programs, innovative web-enhanced education, simulation laboratory, and supportive student environment for both face-to-face and distance learning. We value diversity in our faculty, students and staff at all levels of instructional support.
To apply, please provide a letter of application, CV, faculty application, list of three professional references, and copies of unofficial transcripts of all graduate work. Apply online at http://uhv.simplehire.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Houston-Victoria is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.