Stevenson University is experiencing unprecedented growth. As a result, we are seeking candidates for the following positions:
Assistant Professor, Nursing (Medical-Surgical)
Full-time faculty in the School of the Sciences will engage in teaching, scholarship and service activities in accordance with the University’s Faculty Workload and Promotion/Sabbatical Guidelines and the Full-Time Faculty Job Description for the School of the Sciences. Teaching responsibilities for faculty in nursing will include 24 credit hours per academic year (usually 12 credit hours per semester). Full-time nursing faculty are expected to teach both clinical and classroom hours. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, student advising, assessment, committee service, and participating in the life of the university.
Education & Experience:
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in nursing or a related field preferred. Master’s degree in nursing and expertise in Medical-Surgical nursing required. College level teaching experience preferred. R.N. required. Must be Maryland Board of Nursing certified or eligible.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong commitment to quality teaching
• Strong commitment to scholarly activity and professional development.
• Proficiency as a practicing registered nurse
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel is required. Database management and other computer skills are valued.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Visit http://apptrkr.com/316959 for a complete position description and information on the application process. EOE/M/F/V/D