State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
Assistant Professor, Nursing
An instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all activities related to the role of academician, including those concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with colleagues, peers, community and students.
Applicant may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following essential duties:
1. Teaches all courses as assigned.
2. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction.
3. Actively participates in the College’s sustainability practices and initiatives.
4. Embraces a multicultural environment and supports the College’s diversity initiatives.
5. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change.
6. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
7. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
8. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College guidelines to meet class schedule requirements.
9. Meets all scheduled classes, and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately.
10. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
11. Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
12. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
13. Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
14. Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned.
15. Attends departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or administrative official.
16. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
17. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the department.
18. Serves on college committees to which elected or appointed.
19. During periods of planned absences, coordinates with the Department Chair or Coordinator for qualified substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols, and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom instruction.
20. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair/Program Directors for the fulfillment of departmental responsibilities.
21. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and discrimination.
22. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrate professional growth and development by updating knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques.)
23. Develops, maintains and promotes a positive, respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the college-wide community to advance the mission of the college.
24. Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority.
Master’s degree in Science in Nursing.
Current Florida RN License
Community College Teaching Experience
Excellent nursing skills
Distance Learning Experience
Microsoft Office Suite program knowledge needed to be successful in any office setting
Special Instructions to Applicants
The ideal candidate will possess three years patient care experience in the previous five years.
This position is posted for the Associate Degree Nursing Program. Faculty are assigned to campuses and can change based upon need.
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
Department Name: Nursing
Campus: Bradenton, Venice, Lakewood Ranch
Work Schedule: 9 Month
Work Hours From: Variable
Work Hours To: Variable
Total Hours Per Week: 35 hours
Requested Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $44,955 to $47,839
Job Open Date: 04/08/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Interested applicants, please complete the required online application found at https://employment.scf.edu/postings/398
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) is an equal opportunity and access institution that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency