The Department of Biology at Utah State University (USU) invites applications for a 9-month (additional summer funding available) tenure-track position in nursing at the Assistant Professor level (85% teaching, 10% professional engagement, and 5% service) at the USU Uintah Basin Campus located in Vernal, Utah.
USU Uintah Basin is the oldest regional campus of USU, and has offered educational programs since 1968. It offers 24 Bachelor’s programs, 600 adult students, 25 faculty members, and beautiful educational facilities. It is located in Vernal and Roosevelt, in eastern Utah in the foothills of the Uinta Mountains, which offer spectacular scenery, exciting outdoor recreational opportunities, and the famous Dinosaur National Monument.
This position will function in support of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing (ASD) in conjunction with the Director of Nursing (DN) and the Associate Vice Provost for Nursing (AVP). The role includes shared responsibility for the following functions:
1. Faculty teaching role for identified courses combined with leadership responsibilities for the local campus nursing program.
2. Provide a resource to daily activities of the nursing program at USU Uintah Basin.
3. Timely input and updates/progress reports to the AVP on nursing program functions for the campus.
4. Provide input for the monthly faculty meetings and agenda with the AVP.
5. Provide input related to course work, ATI testing, remediation, NCLEX preparation and curriculum development and updates as identified.
6. Provide coordination for broadcasting courses between campus sites.
7. Function as the ASD/PN program advisor/coordinator or provide oversight and direction for the faculty member(s) in this role.
8. Maintain nursing program integrity for accreditation and state board of nursing requirements.
Teaching responsibilities will include undergraduate courses with about 12 credit hours per semester. The successful candidate will work with current faculty in the Nursing Program teaching both theory and clinical classes in the ASD Nursing Program. Responsibilities include curriculum development, teaching, professional engagement, service, and may include research opportunities leading to scholarly publications. Courses are taught in person at the Uintah Basin Campus of USU and via distance education to other USU regional campuses, and may serve traditional and non-traditional students.
A doctorate or a Master’s degree in an applicable field is required. Candidates must be licensed Registered Nurses or be currently eligible for licensure in the State of Utah.
Candidates must have a minimum of three years recent experience in health care. Teaching experience is required. Candidates must have demonstrated ability in interpersonal, organizational, and technological skills. Excellence in teaching, collegiality, and capacity to accommodate diverse learners are required.
Review Date 12-27-2012
Position Close Date Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
See http://jobs.usu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58069 for more information and to apply online.
Requisition Number 053546
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.