This clinical faculty position is a 100% position.
Major responsibilities include: teaching adult gerontology nurse practitioner (AGNP) clinically-focused courses, practicing in a primary care position, evaluating student performance in interprofessional practice-based learning experiences, precepting students in a faculty practice setting, recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse AGNP student cohort, advancing the AGNP role and patient care through scholarly activities, participating in School of Nursing committees and in professional organizations for advocating for adult health related concerns and/or AGNP program/role matters.
- California R.N. and furnishing licensure or ability to obtain said licensure prior to hire date
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency controlled substance registration
- Active national nurse practitioner certification (ANP and/or GNP) or achieved by hire date
- Professional experience of at least one year as an Adult Nurse Practitioner or Gerontology Nurse Practitioner with experience working with older adults with multiple chronic illnesses
- Nurse Practitioner experience of at least 1 year
Highly Recommended Qualifications:
- Nurse Practitioner student/resident teaching experience
- Educational administration or nursing administration experience
- Quality Improvement experience
- Doctoral degree in nursing (DNP, PhD or equivalent)
Responsibilities and Estimated Appropriations:
- Teaching: 60% or 20%
- Clinical Practice: 10-20% or 60-80%
- Administrative (e.g., admissions and clinical placement coordination): 10 -20%
- Scholarship (publications and presentations): 5%
- Service (e.g., committee work and professional organization involvement): 5%
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, CV, statement of teaching, and contact information for two professional references to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00080
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.