The Department of Nursing Services and Patient Care presents an opportunity for an experienced nurse leader to advance their career. We are seeking a full time Assistant Nurse Manager for our Otolaryngology/Head-Neck/Gynecology Unit. The Assistant Nurse Manager leads and manages direct care nursing functions of the Otolaryngology/Head-Neck/Gynecology team to assure that health services, medical care, medical/health professions education, and evidence based practice research programs are delivered effectively and efficiently. Positions in this job family will have direct patient care responsibilities. Efforts will focus on planning, organizing, directing, evaluating, and improving health care operations, clinical and education programs of clinical departments.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
- Operations, Standards of Care, Regulatory Compliance, Quality and Patient Satisfaction
- Patient Care/Services Delivery
- Planning and Goal Management
- Communication/ Collaboration
- Education Programs
- Research Administration
- Baccalaureate in Nursing is required.
- 1-3 years current staff nurse inpatient experience with demonstrated skills in management/leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with computer software applications (such as Microsoft programs).
- Demonstrates time management, organization of workload, delegation, attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Collaborates and develops effective interpersonal relationships with nursing staff, medical staff, interdisciplinary teams, and other hospital departments.
- Demonstrates effective teaching skills for staff and patient education.
- Demonstrates appreciation for diversity with an understanding of benefits of a diverse workforce (stimulation, challenge, and energy that contributes to a productive and effective workplace).
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa.
- Medical-surgical nursing certification
- Involvement in professional organizations
- Previous otolaryngology and gynecology/oncology experience