Clinical Learning Center and Instructional Simulation (F19090)
This Assistant Director is a collateral track (non-tenure eligible) faculty position in the areas of clinical teaching and clinical simulation. The Assistant Director will spend approximately 50% working in the School of Nursing Clinical Learning Center with clinical faculty to develop and implement clinical simulations at all levels of the curriculum. Approximately 50% of time the faculty member will engage in clinical teaching at undergraduate and/or graduate levels. The position reports to the Director of the Clinical Learning Center and Instructional Simulation. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience and preparation.
· Master’s degree in Nursing.
· Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia.
· Experience in clinical nursing.
· Documented effectiveness in collaboration and communication.
· Experience with implementing innovation and technology, particularly in the area of clinical simulation.
· Ability to effectively manage details and problem solve in a complex environment.
· Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
· Knowledge of state-of-the-science instructional technologies and ability to appropriately and effectively apply these to a variety of learning situations
· Teaching experience in nursing education
· Current knowledge of clinical applications of pathophysiology, pharmacology and nursing technologies
Virginia Commonwealth University is an urban, high research institution with a diverse university community. The VCU School of Nursing was established in 1893 and offers Doctoral, Master’s and Baccalaureate degree programs. The School is ranked nationally in NIH funding and houses a NINR sponsored Center of Excellence, establishing a mature environment of sustainable biobehavioral research in symptom management that is clinically focused and interdisciplinary in nature. The Clinical Learning Center (CLC) at the VCU School of Nursing expanded in 2006 to approximately 9,000 square feet of learning space and advanced equipment including the state of the art Meti Man HPS. Recognized in 2010 as a Laerdal Center for Education Excellence, it has become one of the most advanced and comprehensive clinical simulation centers on the East Coast.
To apply for this position, please forward a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three professional references to Norrell Meeks, Human Resources Administrator, VCU School of Nursing, P.O. Box 980567, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0567, email@example.com. Detailed information about this position and all of our current openings can be found at http://www.pubinfo.vcu.edu/facjobs/searchunit.asp?Item=Nursing.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university, providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.