General Purpose & Scope of Position: Provides excellence in instruction (classes, labs, clinicals, distance education) and facilitates student learning within specific program area. Adheres to College/Regional policy regarding curriculum, student assessment, course syllabus, student records, and all applicable academic and College policies.
- Effectively delivers assigned courses in accordance with course objectives and academic schedule.
- Implements instructional excellence, instructional innovation and facilitates learning.
- Implements appropriate instructional technology.
- Adheres to course time schedule and communicates to program/department chair any time schedule differences.
- Implements Developing Capable People concepts and across the curriculum initiatives.
- Develops, distributes, and maintains course syllabus and resource reference list.
- Maintains documentation and student records for student attendance, grades and other course-related material.
- Strictly respects student’s privacy and adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Processes and reports all student information (grades, student attendance, etc.) within the required time frames.
- Insures a safe learning environment.
- Communicates student and course issues to appropriate regional office.
- Provides appropriate student accommodation in consultation with student counseling office.
- Is a Registered Nurse holding an unencumbered license in the state of Indiana
- Has a minimum of one year of licensed nursing experience
- Has completed the required state training session including adult learning theory