- Serving as an academic advisor for an assigned caseload of nursing students.
- Providing a wide range of advising services in person, through phone, and email in accordance with university, college and professional standards.
- Functioning as a team member in the Advising Center of the School of Nursing.
- Maintaining current knowledge of university policies and procedures, academic programs and other programs and services.
- Conducting program information meetings, developing advising resources and materials and functioning as a liaison with college and university faculty and staff.
- Advocating for students best interests.
- Working with faculty in the development of student policies and procedures within the School of Nursing.
- Participating in college and university governance and committee activities.
- Master’s degree or National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) Graduate Certificate in Academic Advising in Higher Education or four years of academic advising experience.
- Two years of academic advising or related professional experience at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a team to lead implementation of improvement projects.
- Demonstrated experience serving an ethnically and culturally diverse student body.
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, intercultural, oral and written;)
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills including work processing and electronic communications.
- Experience advising students in health related fields.
- Experience working in health care.
- Experience working with computer-based student records systems.
- Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position.
- Current curriculum vita or resume.
- Names of four (4) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Transcripts – Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date, your name and the academic institution’s name/logo are required. We do not accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports. If selected for hire, official original transcripts will be required.
Notice: In accordance with the MnSCU Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check
Metropolitan State University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status or gender expression, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other areas of the University. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.