Minority Nurse Magazine Scholarship Program
Minority Nurse has teamed up with NCEMNA to co-sponsor an annual scholarship to help outstanding nurses from underrepresented groups complete their studies toward a Bachelor or Master of Science in Nursing. To date, we have awarded scholarships to more than 40 students, honoring their commitment to the profession, academic excellence, and community service.
We are currently accepting applications for our 16th annual scholarship competition, consisting of two $1,000 awards and one $3,000 award. Scholarships will be paid in summer 2015 for the fall 2015 academic term.
Who is Eligible
To apply for this scholarship, students must meet all four of the following criteria:
- Be a minority in the nursing profession
- Be enrolled (as of September 2015) in either the third or fourth year of an accredited BSN program in the United States OR an accelerated program leading to a BSN degree (such as RN-to-BSN or BA-to-BSN) OR an accelerated master’s entry program in nursing for students with bachelor’s degrees in fields other than nursing (such as BA-to-MSN). Graduate students who already have a bachelor’s degree in nursing are not eligible.
- Have a 3.0 GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
How to Apply
Complete and return this form along with all three of the following documents:
- Transcript or other proof of GPA
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member outlining academic achievement
- A brief (250-word) written statement summarizing your academic and personal accomplishments, community service, and goals for your future nursing career
Important: An English translation must be provided for any documentation that is not in English.